What is Meilisearch?
Meilisearch is a RESTful search API. It aims to be a ready-to-go solution for everyone who wants a fast and relevant search experience for their end-users ⚡️🔎
Efficient search engines often require a significant investment of resources. They are only accessible to companies with the means necessary to develop a bespoke search solution that fits their needs.
Small-to-medium-sized businesses commonly resort to subpar search engines that incur invisible costs on their user experience and retention due to poor search fulfillment.
That's why we created Meilisearch: An open source solution accessible to everyone, designed to meet a vast majority of needs. Requiring very little configuration to be installed, yet highly customizable.
Our solution delivers an instant search experience including typo handling, filters, custom rankings, and many more features. Read on to learn more.
Meilisearch helps the Rust community find crates on crates.meilisearch.com.
- Blazing fast: Answers in less than 50 milliseconds
- Search as you type: Results are updated on each keystroke using prefix-search
- Typo tolerance: Get relevant matches even when queries contain typos and misspellings
- Comprehensive language support: Optimized support for Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, and languages using the Latin alphabet
- Returns the whole document: The entire document is returned upon search
- Highly customizable search and indexing: Customize search behavior to better meet your needs
- Custom ranking: Customize the relevancy of the search engine and the ranking of the search results
- Filtering and faceted search: Enhance user search experience with custom filters and build a faceted search interface in a few lines of code
- Highlighting: Highlighted search results in documents
- Stop words: Ignore common non-relevant words like
- Synonyms: Configure synonyms to include more relevant content in your search results
- RESTful API: Integrate Meilisearch in your technical stack with our plugins and SDKs
- Search preview: Allows you to test your search settings without implementing a front-end
- API key management: Protect your instance with API keys. Set expiration dates and control access to indexes and endpoints so that your data is always safe
- Multi-tenancy and tenant tokens: Manage complex multi-user applications. Tenant tokens help you decide which documents each one of your users can search
- Multi-search: Perform multiple search queries on multiple indexes with a single HTTP request
- Geosearch: Filter and sort results based on their geographic location
- Index swapping: Deploy major database updates with zero search downtime
Meilisearch is committed to providing open source, easy to use, customizable instant search that focuses on the needs of end-users.
Read more about the philosophy of our search engine.
Give it a try!
Instead of showing you examples, why not just invite you to test Meilisearch interactively in the out-of-the-box search preview we deliver?
There's no need to write a single line of front-end code. All you need to do is follow this guide to give the search engine a try!